The RCMP has concluded its search for an unidentified aerial object that was shot down over central Yukon last Saturday. They searched the most likely area but were not able to find any debris. Because of recent snowfall, it has become increasingly unlikely the object will be found, and the current belief is that it is “not tied to a scenario that justifies extraordinary search efforts.” The U.S. military has also ended its search for airborne objects shot down near Deadhorse, Alaska and over Lake Huron on February 10th and 12th respectively. Despite conducting systematic searches with a variety of tools, the U.S. and Canada were unable to locate the debris. It is still unclear why China sent a suspected spy balloon into Canadian and American airspace and what it accomplished, as well as what the three smaller objects were. Lt.-Gen. Alain Pelletier had expressed hope of retrieving the objects to analyze them and gain a better understanding of their capacity and origin. Defence Minister Anita Anand said last week it was too early to tell if the cylindrical object shot down over central Yukon was from China, but said it was potentially similar to the Chinese spy balloon destroyed off the coast of South Carolina on February 4th.